Not necessarily in this order but:
- accurate assessment data
- analysis of that data and "where to"
- learning conversations (15 minutes one on one with each child about their learning)
- teacher observations- ongoing (assessment) discussions regarding student learning
- meaningful learning contexts (it needs to hook the child)
- effective use of ICT, people and other resources
- time , time to plan, prepare, to set goals and to reflect
Relationships, relationships, relationships.
Relationships are the key to doing anything meaningful with the above. The teacher needs to connect with the child to challenge them, to know what is best for them and to effectively monitor progress. As we head to the end of this first term relationships should be well established and our learning humming along.
I will share some with you tomorrow!